Muzeum w Przeworsku Zespół Pałacowo - Parkowy Image

Muzeum w Przeworsku Zespół Pałacowo - Parkowy

Back To The Mapmap icon
Add to Favourites

The Museum in Przeworsk has been established since 1958. It was founded on the initiative of the Przeworska Lovers Association, the first custodian was Józef Benbenek. The collection was originally located in the halls of the town hall. Since 1974 the Museum is located in the former seat of the Lubomirski Dukes - in the area of ​​the palace and park complex. In the palace building are presented exposition of the palace interiors, the history of the city of Przeworsk and the ethnography of the region. A collection of firefighting equipment, gathered by Leon Trybalski, was located in the former cages. On the ground floor of one of the outbuildings, in the room of the former palace kitchen, there is a temporary exhibition hall: Magnez Gallery. Collections of the Museum in numbers: About 1320 pieces (burgher costumes, art furniture of the local product, objects related to craftsmanship, judaica, numismatics, medals, decorations, seals, pennants, elements of military uniforms, monuments connected with sugarcane "Przeworsk" and narrow gauge railway Przeworsk - Dynów, Przeworsk scouting, crafts and crafts - smithery, gingerbread). ELEPHANT MUSEUM - 536 pieces (collection of folk costumes from the 18th century - the 40s of the 20th century, wooden furniture, decorated with rites, bas-reliefs and rolls, tomb guardian dress, ceremonial dress, clay pots, craft tools, regional rural vehicles). COLLECTION OF CONTEMPORARY PEOPLE'S ART IM. STEFANII WALKOWIAK, which he handed to the Museum Stanislaw Walkowiak a collector from Wroclaw. This is (317 pieces) a collection of wooden, clay and painting sculptures. Authors are sculptors, artists, amateur artists, mainly coming from the Podkarpackie region. ADVERTISING DOCUMENTS - about 1230 files (including a collection of documents and books from the Old Polish and Austrian period, documents and files from the Second Polish Republic, Nazi occupations, private collections from Przeworsk and the Przeworsk region, poster collection and posters) . Regional publications - 341 volumes (unpublished dissertations and master's theses, memoirs). PHOTOGRAPHS - about 8740 pieces (including a collection of postcards before 1944, secular and sacral architecture of the town of Przeworsk, documentation of the socio-political life of the town of Przeworsk during the Polish People's Republic, field ethnographic documentation, archival photographs of the Przeworsk Jews, festive folk costumes , portrait photographs from the turn of the 19th century.). About 900 pieces (art exhibits - artistic crafts, paintings, sculptures, photographs, palace-style museums in the style of classicism, empire, biedermeier, collection of objects by the Lubomirski family from Przeworsk, including archival family photos - 200 pieces) Fireworks - about 1270 pieces (collection of horse hoses, collection of parachute and combat helmets, combat equipment, signaling equipment, fireman uniforms, decorations). PHOTOGRAPHS IN THE HISTORY OF FIRE - 1595 (collective portraits of fire brigade from Przeworsk and the region, photographs of watchtowers and remotes, photographs of brass firefighters, photographs from firefighters' competitions). ARCHIVES IN THE HISTORY OF FIRE - 382 files (including files and documents for the history of volunteer fire brigades from the Podkarpackie Voivodeship, documents (posters, instructions) related to fire protection, volunteer fire brigade chronicles, firefighters' calendars).

The museum in Przeworsk is financed from the funds of the Przeworski District.

Updated on 27 May 2024

Book a nearby experience

Popover Chat Icon