Palazzo del Podestà

Back To The Mapmap icon
Add to Favourites

Built in 1255, it is the oldest public building of medieval Marche Region with its own peculiarities in the type "bridge", in memory of the ancient city filled river that flowed beneath it, and the unification of the four city districts. Built entirely of white stone Vallemontagnana, amended several times, it consists of three buildings, of which the central one has the characteristic arched vault of the road underpass and elegant three-mullioned windows. Beneath the arch are interesting frescoes (XIII-XIV century) that represent scenes of warriors in battle and an enigmatic Wheel of fortune move by a female figure. In 1326 he was also painted by the painter from Fabriano Ventura Francesco and remodeled several times over the centuries. It became the property of the Church Governors in sec. XVIII taking the name of the Apostolic Palace. Between 1911 and 1922 it was restored to be brought back to its original state, other interventions occurred in the 1980s when they found the building location, until the earthquake of 1997, the Magistrates Court and judicial offices.

Built in 1255, it is the oldest public building of medieval Marche Region with its own peculiarities in the type "bridge", in memory of the ancient city filled river that flowed beneath it, and the unification of the four city districts. Built entirely of white stone Vallemontagnana, amended several times, it consists of three buildings, of which the central one has the characteristic arched vault of the road underpass and elegant three-mullioned windows. Beneath the arch are interesting frescoes (XIII-XIV century) that represent scenes of warriors in battle and an enigmatic Wheel of fortune move by a female figure. In 1326 he was also painted by the painter from Fabriano Ventura Francesco and remodeled several times over the centuries. It became the property of the Church Governors in sec. XVIII taking the name of the Apostolic Palace. Between 1911 and 1922 it was restored to be brought back to its original state, other interventions occurred in the 1980s when they found the building location, until the earthquake of 1997, the Magistrates Court and judicial offices.

Updated on 27 May 2024