You’ll be surprised at how much can be found in this historic park! Plenty of activities for families and adults here, plus cool special events throughout the year.
Rivierenhof (River Garden) park lives up to its name. The river Schijn runs right through the park and there’s ponds aplenty in its 135 hectares. Outdoor lovers will love basking in the rose garden, kids enjoy the fairy-tale house, and no one can argue against the open air theatre. It was the first provincial park in Belgium and dates back to the 16th century!
- What’s a good place to go jogging in Antwerp? Well, there’s a 10 km running track that you can make shorter here (5, 4, or 3)
- The park has lots of activities for kids like the traffic garden to learn traffic rules, playgrounds, a maze, and a petting zoo.
- Check out the castles! Sterckshof castle is used for exhibitions and certainly looks more impressive
- But if you’re after food you’re best off heading to Kasteel Rivierenhof since it’s now a restaurant.
- Rivierenhof hosts a variety of events throughout the year such as the Valentine’s Day Run, Ecodroom, and the medieval fair De Quaeye Werelt.
- Grab a golf club and head over to the mini golf courses. You can also sit and watch with a beer if you prefer relaxing to the sounds of your friends failing to get the ball in.
- The fairy tale house is near the main promenade, not too far from Kasteel Rivierenhof. In Dutch, Fairy tale stories are recreated inside for 25 listeners at a time usually on Sunday afternoons.
- For some Spring flower power, check out the digital magnolia route to discover beautiful blooms across the park.
- You might also come across their outdoor open-air theatre OLT Rivierenhof which features all kinds of bands, comedians, plays and more!