Hike, bike, mini-golf or stargaze your way into the Kattevennen
Activities abound in this part of the Hoge Kempen National Park.
- Walks & Hikes:4 Hiking trails that start at the entrance (you can extend these by adding onto two other trails during your chosen walk). A family kid friendly walk of 4 KM called the Stokkenmanroute is worth enquiring about - check with the visitor's centre to get a map and guidebook.
- Cosmodrome: Learn how the earth has developed step by step from the big bang until present day in their permanent exhibition, which includes a 360° show which shows you a visual representation of the earth's development. Afterwards, you are taken to see the star and the constellations that will be viewable that night. Expect to spend around 1.5 to 2.5 hours here.
- Educational walks: Following the outer space theme, you can also take a couple of easy, short walks including the stone path and the planets path. On the stone path, you will walk and discover 30 stones throughout the trail, each stone detailing a little bit of earth's evolution. The second path, the planets path, walks you through our solar system and the biggest 8 planets. For both trails, find a detailed brochure at the welcome center at the gate to give you more background while walking.
-Entertainment: Mini-golf, a bar and a Children's playground can all be found close to the entrance as well.
- Biking: Biking paths, along with many parts of the national park - as well as Limburg - can be found here as well. Bike rental info is below.
- *Bike Park: For mountain and BMX bikers, a brand new dirt bike park has been built for both advanced and beginners.